Josh Katzenmeyer (@luxpris) is a multidisciplinary artist and musician harnessing technology, code, and collage to design extraterrestrial multimedia experiences.
Through guided generative processes, he brings rigid geometric forms into conversation with painterly digital manipulations. The result is an exploration of free will within abstract worlds torn between order and chaos.
He has exhibited in North America, Europe, Asia, and Canada alongside
displays in the global VR realms connecting them all.
Since 2019, the majority of my work has taken the form of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on the Ethereum and Tezos blockchains.
In June 2021, I was included in Natively Digital, the first curated NFT sale at Sotheby's. I was also an early project contributor to Art Blocks, a first of its kind platform centered on algorithmic artworks stored immutably on the Ethereum blockchain. A cross-platform sales record of my work can be found on Cryptoart.io.
- Canon!, No.9 Cork Street, London, UK, 2022
- Reversion to Condition, Gallerie B-312, Montreal, Quebec, 2022
- Permanent Collection, ZKM Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, Germany, 2021
- Post-War to Present: the NFTs, Christie's, Manhattan, NYC, 2021
- VerticalCrypto Fundraiser, Arium, Virtual Reality, 2021
- U’R,L, IRL Art, Denver, Colorado, 2021
- Brighton Pride Party, Brighton Beach Gallery, Virtual Reality, 2021
- XO Crypto, Blockchain Center, Manhattan, NYC, 2021
- Natively Digital, Sotheby's, NYC/Hong Kong/London, 2021
- Foot in the Door 5: The Virtual Exhibition, Minneapolis Institute of Art, Minneapolis, MN, 2020
- "Audiovisual" Album Release & Gallery, Studio Nouveau, Virtual Reality, 2020
- Generative & AI Art Exhibit, SuperRare Museum, Virtual Reality, 2020
- A Dissolution of Corrupted Arrangements, Museum of CryptoArt, Virtual Reality, 2020 (Solo)
- $1M Art Show, SuperRare Museum, Virtual Reality, 2020
- Art in Quarantine, Wreading Digits, Online, 2020