His name's Josh Katzenmeyer.
But most people in the metaverse know him as @luxpris. He is a multidisciplinary artist and musician harnessing technology and code to design otherworldly multimedia experiences.
He has been minting NFTs since early 2020, and has exhibited in North America, Europe, and Asia alongside digital displays in the global VR realms connecting them all. He's drawn to the questions unearthed when collaborating with machines and is most interested in exploring the way technology encourages or reduces human autonomy; the way algorithms inspire not only the creation, marketing, and monetization of artworks, but how they affect the future of cultural production and consumption.
- Art in Quarantine, Wreading Digits, Online, 2020
- $1M Art Show, SuperRare Museum, Virtual Reality, 2020
- A Dissolution of Corrupted Arrangements, Museum of CryptoArt, Virtual Reality, 2020 (Solo)
- Generative & AI Art Exhibit, SuperRare Museum, Virtual Reality, 2020
- "Audiovisual" Album Release & Gallery, Studio Nouveau, Virtual Reality, 2020
- Foot in the Door 5: The Virtual Exhibition, Minneapolis Institute of Art, Minneapolis, MN, 2020
- Natively Digital, Sotheby's, NYC/Hong Kong/London, 2021
- XO Crypto, Blockchain Center, Manhattan, NYC, 2021
- Brighton Pride Party, Brighton Beach Gallery, Virtual Reality, 2021
- U’R,L, IRL Art, Denver, Colorado, 2021
- Vertical Crypto Art Fundraising Event, Arium, Virtual Reality, 2021
- Post-War to Present: the NFTs, Christie's, Manhattan, NYC, 2021
- An Interview with Josh Katzenmeyer
- Catching up with Josh Katzenmeyer
- VerticalCrypto x luxpris (Video Interview)